Thursday, October 17, 2013

Amy Verder is at it AGAIN

For many of us, the name Amy Verder aka Let Them Live Rescue, brings feelings of disgust and anger.  We have watched her pull scam after scam, warning others to no avail.  

Her supporters seem to be oblivious to her tactics and would rather ignore the red flags than to admit there's a problem. They seem to never notice all of her animals that go missing, her constant desperate pleas for money (usually during some sort of grave, ultra urgent crisis), or her persistent rants against the people that "hate her."

Her followers apparently believe her claims that she's a true savior of animals, not to mention a lot of other outlandish claims that she has never proven (a long list that is beyond the scope of this post), such as her claim that she is fully trained as a veterinarian. No proof of this exists because it simply is not true. 

Her most recent "emergency" (she has one every week) is that of several puppies she's rescued.  She now claims that there are 24 dogs with parvo.  However, it appears that one of her supporters has unwittingly told the truth.  

Here is Amy's original post, which she quickly deleted when she was questioned:





You'll notice Elisha defending Amy.... so why is it that she posted this?......



Coccidia is NOT parvo.  

Read more here: Coccidia- Not fatal
Read more here: Parvo - Fatal

So, Amy removed  the original post and then posted again.....  

Someone please explain to me how they can be recovering "at home at two separate vets"?  Treating parvo at home?  Really?  

Let's not forget, this is the same woman who acts like she's above the law, dosing her dogs with drugs that only a veterinarian should use. 










So many warnings and reports 
Rescue Undercover- Amy Verder and Propofol, March 2012
2 The Controversy over Let Them Live Rescue
Rescue Hall of Shame 
Ripoff Report
5 Yelp Report
6 Exposing Bad Rescues Report

*** It's important to point out that neither Crystal Harley, Tracey Benzel nor Susan Barrett are admins of this blog or our Facebook page.  Amy's attack on them was unwarranted and her claims are completely false.  I was the one that called the shelter in Florida and talked to the rescue coordinator about Amy, not the ladies mentioned above.  


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow-great vet that Dr Bruce

    http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-seriously-twisted-story-of-dr-bruce.html?m=1

    what's that saying about bird of a feather flocking together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coccidia can be fatal. I had a dog en route here with a rescue and he died from it at his interim foster home. I dont support her at all but for general purposes, its not cool to state false information especially regarding health issues that people may encounter with future dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ireland419, it's not cool for you to look that beautiful and yet I know nothing about you. Let's fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Google Sharon Cruz gold along with eldad Hager ..as found out Google tumwater Washington state dryer fire kills 19 dogs tumwater Washington state ..hoarders ..horrible ..shepherds way phony dog and horse rescue isant too far away springdale wa. Do your checking before donating or buy from these idiots ..they will scam to no end and animals and people getting duped are victims too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just transported Amy's goats and pig to Clovis NM last weekend. (Yes, she has moved) She initially agreed to my transport fee, then came back and said it was more than she could afford and asked me to help a rescue friend of hers to relocate some goats from Texas to GA. I agreed that if I was able to secure a return trip, I'd lower her cost.
    She gave me "Angie's" phone number. I contacted"Angie" and we agreed to a price, I put my trust in this person on the other end of the phone, and got finagled into forgoing a deposit. I was given an address and was to pickup after delivery to Amy's new house.
    Before I picked up Amy's animals, she was asking me if I would also transport large water troughs and other items, seeing as I have a fairly large horse trailer, I declined. On Thursday, the day of picking up her animals, she provided no food for any of her animals for the 3 day journey. They were to arrive Saturday, after her husband closed on the NM house.
    I had to purchase alfalfa and scavenge kudzu to feed, I bought bags of ice to keep the inside of the trailer cool, stopped every two hours to check temperatures of the trailer and the animals.
    I delivered the animals to her new house and her husband took possession of them. There were no signs of distress and he was happy to accept them. He placed the animals in a metal building that has no insulation or shade and proceed to close the doors as we pulled away.
    We get within 15 minutes of "Angie's" house in Texas and she said she has to cancel due to a positive COVID-19 test, & she would pay half the transport cost for my inconvenience. Hours later, I texted and asked when I should expect the funds to transfer without a reply.
    Mid Sunday morning, I texted again, "Angie" texts me back saying she has been helping Amy with a goat that was ill with heat exhaustion. I questioned the COVID diagnosis, and she responded that I better have insurance and was going to be sued, reported in every state I crossed, etc. If I didn't return all transport cost to Amy. When I tried to contact Amy she essentially said the same, and I told her that she owed me the originally quoted cost of transport. She blocked me on FB, which is the only means of contact we had with one another.
    Now all of my communication is with "Angie" in Texas.
    I look up Angie's phone number to find it is a Trac phone based in NM, and the address given is on the market with the current owners not coming back to anyone named "Angie".
    "Angie continues to contact me saying charges will be filed and I am going to prison for animal abuse.
    I believe the phone and person behind it is Amy or her daughter and after researching Amy, I see this is what she does. Beware people of Clovis, NM!

    ReplyDelete